I would like to know whether this is possible to open the contacts
picker activity and have a specific contact selected? I use the
following snippet of code:

  startSubActivity(new Intent(Intent.PICK_ACTION,
Contacts.People.CONTENT_URI), 0);

in order to open the activity, and it works perfectly. I tried:

  ContentURI peopleUri = Contacts.People.CONTENT_URI;
  peopleUri.addId(3);
  startSubActivity(new Intent(Intent.PICK_ACTION, peopleUri), 0);

(3 being a real contact id) but this does not change the default
selected contact.

Your help is appreciated (this is the kind of detail that makes the OS
user-friendly).
Regards, Edouard