        android:orientation="vertical"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:background="@drawable/some_image"
        android:id="@+id/some_id">

    <ListView android:id="@+id/another_id"
          android:layout_width="fill_parent"
          android:divider="@android:color/transparent"
          (adding android:scrollingCache="false" here solves the
problem)
          android:layout_height="wrap_content"/>
</LinearLayout>

The ListView uses a custom ArrayAdapter that returns Views inflated
from the following xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TableLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content" >

        <TableRow>
            <ImageView android:id="@+id/some_id" />
            <TextView android:id="@+id/some_id2"
                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </TableRow>

        <TableRow>
                <TextView
                android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <TextView android:id="@+id/some_id3"
                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </TableRow>
</TableLayout>

During the Activitys onCreate() another custom View is added to the
inflated LinearLayout (id: some_id) using addView(CustomView, 0)