Hello everyone!

I need a bit of help for an app I am trying to develop.

I've got a main screen with a couple of buttons on it.

What I would like to do is get the width of those buttons before they
are actually drawn on the screen. Their width is variable, as theyr
are defined as "wrap_content" in my main.xml

I tried to get the buttons' width in the methods onCreate() and
onStart() but all I get is a 0 measure, obviously because their width
can't be measured yet.

Do you know a way to do that?

this is an example of the code at the moment :

int maxButton; // I save the biggest button width in this variable

Button testButton = (Button)findViewById(R.id.test); // button 1
Button testButton2 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.test2); // button 2
Button testButton3 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.test3); // button 3

maxButton=testButton.getWidth(); // I put button 1's width into
maxButton
if(testButton2.getWidth() > maxButton) { // If button 2's width is
bigger
maxButton = testButton2.getWidth(); // maxButton gets button 2's width
testButton3.setText("Button 2 is bigger than button 1!");
}
else
testButton3.setText("Button 1 is bigger than button 2!");

}

Thanks a lot,
Erken