Hey guys,

Now that GTalk API is (temporarily?) out, is there a way for one
Android mobile to directly communicate with another, possibly
belonging to another operator/network/NAT server, possibly located in
another continent ?

By 'communicate' I mean create TCP/UDP/RMI/any other transmission mode
(but not SMS).

We can assume that each of the two mobiles has the ip address of the
other, as obtained by InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()

I have read several earlier posts on this subject but, frankly, falied
to find 1 I could understand :)

Tnx,
Gilad