I've been looking around a lot on how to separate a ListView into
sections with headers, and all solutions are based on using multiple
adapters.

I have only a single database query that is ordered by a specific
field. I want to present this information in a ListView, and insert
headings whenever the field changes.

For instance, you search a large amount of music files for "love" and
get a list like this:

== Alice Bung ==
Love boat
=== Beavers ===
Lots of Love
No Love
Zlovek Zlatan
=== Some other Group ==
Another song about love
Yet another song about love

Actually inserting the headers as a second viewtype requires you to
scan the whole result to get an accurate count.
The best I've come up with is returning the Header combined with the
first item as a single view so as to keep the count correct, but then
selection looks wrong.

Any tips?

-- Jonas