Actually,
to me it sounds it's behaving correctly...
If Activity B is standard then it might be re-used, so it's not
obliged to create a new Instance...
Thats what happens in ur case, first time it get's created, then you
go to activity A, then when you ask for Activity B the "old" activity
B is returned...
If you don't want that as a behaviour you might declare B as
singleInstance or even better singleTask...