Hi,

    after i read some posts here in forum, i'm able to start my
program when phone power up. But i need to start a Service, in this
case, the service is a notification, just for testing. Here is my
code.

package com.test.StartupTest;

import android.content.BroadcastReceiver;
import android.content.Context;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.widget.Toast;

public class TesteStartup extends BroadcastReceiver {

        @Override
        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
                Toast.makeText(context, "Test to see if this
works",Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

                //Start explicitly a Service that show in Notification bar a
message
               context.startService(new Intent(context,
NotifyInfoUser.class));
        }
}

and the  NotifyInfoUser.java:

package com.test.StartupTest;

import com.test.R;

import android.app.Notification;
import android.app.NotificationManager;
import android.app.PendingIntent;
import android.app.Service;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.os.IBinder;

public class NotifyInfoUser extends Service{

        private NotificationManager mNM;
    private static int MOOD_NOTIFICATIONS = R.layout.main;

        @Override
    public void onCreate() {
        mNM = (NotificationManager)
getSystemService(NOTIFICATION_SERVICE);
    }

          @Override
        public void onStart(Intent intent, int startId) {
                super.onStart(intent, startId);
                showNotification(R.drawable.online_connected, "Connected");
        }

        private void showNotification(int moodId, CharSequence text) {

        // Set the icon, scrolling text and timestamp.
        // Note that in this example, we pass null for tickerText.  We
update the icon enough that
        // it is distracting to show the ticker text every time it
changes.  We strongly suggest
        // that you do this as well.  (Think of of the "New hardware
found" or "Network connection
        // changed" messages that always pop up)
        Notification notification = new Notification(moodId, "Client
Started", System.currentTimeMillis());

        // The PendingIntent to launch our activity if the user
selects this notification
       //I guess putting null in Intent(this,null) can be crashing....
        PendingIntent contentIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(this,
0,
                new Intent(this, null), 0);

        // Set the info for the views that show in the notification
panel.
        notification.setLatestEventInfo(this, null, text,
contentIntent);

        // Send the notification.
        // We use a layout id because it is a unique number.  We use
it later to cancel.
        mNM.notify(MOOD_NOTIFICATIONS, notification);
    }

    @Override
    public void onDestroy() {
        // Cancel the persistent notification.
        mNM.cancel(MOOD_NOTIFICATIONS);
    }

        @Override
        public IBinder onBind(Intent intent) {
                return null;
        }
}

and finally my manifest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    package="com.test"
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="1.0.0">

        <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />

    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <receiver android:name=".StartupTest.TesteStartup">
            <intent-filter>
                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /

            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>

        <service android:name=".StartupTest.NotifyInfoUser"/>

    </application>
</manifest>

When phone power up, the screen with "This app execute a ilegal
operation, etc" appear. When i comment the startService, the Toast
appear in screen. So, what is wrong with the context.startService?
thanks a lot

Breno