Hi All,

I am trying to establish a server (J2SE) and client (Android). The
client will send a string over to the server over Bluetooth.

For Android the code snippet is as below:

  BluetoothAdapter adapter = null;
  adapter = BluetoothAdapter.getDefaultAdapter();
  BluetoothDevice device = adapter.getRemoteDevice(address);
  //I have hardcode the server bluetooth mac address
  adpter.enable();

  BluetoothSocket socket = null;
  socket = device.createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(MY_UUID);
  socket.connect();
  sendMessage(socket, "Hello Bluetooth");
  //sendMessage is just a method I have created

For the J2SE there is no BluetoothSocket (or is there?) I used
StreamConnection. The code snippet is as below:

StreamConnectionNotifier con = (StreamConnectionNotifier)
Connector.open("btspp://localhost:"+UUID
+name=example;authorise=false");
StreamConnection Strconn = con.acceptAndOpen();
InputStream input = conn.openInputStream();
System.out.println(input);
input.close();
conn.close();

I am not sure whether an Android app can send a string over to a J2SE
application by Bluetooth. Could not find any reference online. Is it
possible?

If possible is what I am doing above the correct method? Because I
receive nothing over at the server side (J2SE). I not sure is it
because I am using BluetoothSocket in android and StreamConnection for
J2SE. Is it?

Thanks In Advance,
Perumal