Everything -- both the positions and the image widget size -- will be
in pixel coordinates. Actually, you don't need to know that -- just
that they're the same. Hell, I could even be wrong; I'm not going to
take out a microscope and check.

If you have different coordinates for your image data (or even if you
don't or don't know or might want to scale in the future or are
paranoid), simply scale by the ratio of the image data : image widget.
A scale factor of 1:1 won't cause you any trouble.

There are times to be absolute, and times to be relative. This is one
of the latter.