Hello,
I have created a custom list item layout just like in this article
http://developer.android.com/resources/articles/layout-tricks-efficiency.html.

Each list item has icon, title and summary.

I would like to declare an xml resource that would provide data for
that list. Just like you use <string-array> to populate the list using
ArrayAdapter<String>.

The simple ArrayAdapter<String> can be populated from:

<resources xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
        <string-array name="main_screen_actions">
                <item>Guest</item>
                <item>Login</item>
                <item>Register</item>
        </string-array>
</resources>

I need each <item> to have icon, title and summary. Somewhat similar
to:
<menu xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
    <item android:id="@+id/item1"
          android:title="@string/item1"
          android:icon="@drawable/group_item1_icon" />
</menu>

I would use <menu> but menu doesn't have summary if I'm not mistaken.

What would be the best way to do something like this?

Thank you.