On Aug 11, 9:31 pm, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. In my new project I retrieve an XML file from a server. I want to
> convert this into Java objects.
>
> Now, clearly searching on this brings up a lot of solutions and
> topics, but some of them don't seem to be fully Android compatible.
> Also, some are over complex, with automatic class creation from
> annotations. I prefer to write my own classes in this case.

You have choices:
   -   write SAX / XMLPull parser yourself (some work,  but you will
get most perfromance and low memory footprint )
   -  employ one of coultless XML databinding frameworks ( less work
on your part,  big libraries, undiscutable memory footprint,
sometimes need to generate some classes )

If you can switch to JSON,  I can recommend small databinding
framework I developed to use in
my highscore system: http://github.com/ko5tik/jsonserializer
(Feel free to ask for missing features, as I'm developing it actively)

regards,