Hi I was just trying something and realized this doesn't seem possible
due to the debugging code in the android OS.

I register a context menu on an AdapterView, via
registerContextMenu(mAdapterView), and then implement the
onCreateContextMenu, like this:

CharSequence title = context.getString(R.string.txt, userName);
title = Html.fromHtml((String) title);
MenuItem item = menu.add(ContextMenu.NONE, ContextMenu.NONE,
ContextMenu.NONE, title);

The context menu displays correctly, however when it is clicked I get
an illegalArgumentException from the EventLog class when it tries to
print out the condensedTitle.

So I have found without setting the condensedTitle explicitly to
something that is a String this occurs. Why is this marked as a
CharSequence if it cannot handle it?