On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM, scadaguru <scadag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a published application now if I upgrade minSdk requirement
> to higher level what will happen?

I *think* what you already stated as #2:

 2. Now if I increase it to 5 (OS v2.0) and republish (upload
> upgrade) people using older OS than 2.0 who already have installed
> my application I believe will not see in the market but still will be able
> to run from the phone. And once they uninstall it will be gone for ever.
>

> 3. What is good practice?  What should I do?

Good practice? Use reflection to support all the API levels you want to
support.
What should you do? Determine for yourself what's most important for you and
your app. With reflection it's more work but you have a wider user base. If
you make a new app, you're "starting over", are limiting your user base for
the new features, and now have two apps to maintain.

> 4. If I publish new application while keeping old one with lower OS version
> in the market intact, how the people will know that they have update
> available who already have installed my applicaiton but has the phone with
> higher OS and could run my second application?

Update your current app to do nothing more than show a dialog with a link to
your new app in the market.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Warren <warrenba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That may be useful in many situations, and I always appreciate suggestions,
> but it is not always feasible.

Why not?