In my application I use an AsyncTask on start up of my Activity to
fetch the ringtone of a particular contact.

It works normally but I have noticed that if the application is
stopped twice before the AsyncTask gets to the doInBackground method
then when the Activity starts again the AsyncTask fails to run
properly, only getting to the onPreExecute() method.

Here is my code:

The AsyncTask itself:

---

    private class SelectRingtoneTask extends AsyncTask<String, Void,
Void> {

                      // can use UI thread here
                      protected void onPreExecute() {
                          Log.d("cda", "Into selectRingToneTask -
onPreExecute() - " +
selectRingtoneFinished);
                      }

                      // automatically done on worker thread (separate from UI
thread)
                      protected Void doInBackground(final String... args) {
                          Log.d("cda", "Into selectRingToneTask -
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
                         getRingTone();
                         return null;
                      }

                      // can use UI thread here
                      protected void onPostExecute(final Void unused) {
                       selectRingtoneFinished = true;
                       Log.d("cda", "Into selectRingToneTask - onPostExecute -
" +
selectRingtoneFinished);
                      }
                   }

---

Where I call the AsyncTask on start up:

---

    if(srtt == null){
        srtt = new SelectRingtoneTask();
        Log.d("cda", "RingTone - " + srtt.getStatus());
        }
        srtt.execute();

---

The problem occur's when I start the activity and close the Activity
before the AsyncTask finishes, if this happens once, it seems to be
fine but after it happens a second time the AsyncTask will only ever
get to the onPreExecute() method and will never complete again until
the application is force stopped and restarted.

Has anybody got any idea why this would be happening?