If you are using Eclipse you shouldn't be accessing the maps.jar
manually anyway. Right-click on your project in Eclipse, choose
Properties, choose Android, and check a build target that has Google
APIs as the Target Name. That adds it to your build path for you. If
you don't have a Google APIs build target listed, you need to go to
Window, then Android SDK and AVD Manager, then Available Packages, and
download one.