I've checked the code, and there is no difference whatsoever between
the download code in RC19 and RC28/29/30.

If anyone runs into this issue and has their device configured to run
adb, the following information could help me diagnose what's going on:

-the result of "adb shell df"
-any line output by "adb logcat" that contains the string "DownloadManager".

Thanks,
JBQ