Hi,

anybody faced this problem with enabling device debugging in windows?
(Win-XP 32bit).

I followed the scenario from
http://code.google.com/android/intro/develop-and-debug.html#developingondevicehardware
, but the installation was unsuccessful and the system device "Android
Phone" shows error (code 28 ... drivers are not installed).

There is an error in c:\windows\setupapi.log related to the
installation:

-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" C:
\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL SYSDM.CPL,System
#E412 Per-machine codesigning policy settings appear to have been
tampered with. Error 13: The data is invalid.
#E414 Default of 1 could not be restored to "Policy" value under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing. Error 5: Access
is denied.

I tried to set the value in regs manually, but unsuccessfully. The
same in safe mode ("Access is denied, cannot write value"). I also
tried to change the signing policy in system settings (Ignore value
and Warning value) and then installed the driver again, but result was
still the same. Before each installation I cleared the driver
completely (removed system device, removed oem??.inf, removed drivers
and refreshed windows\inf\infcache.1).

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,
Pavel