Thank you for the reply. I really don't get this - following your
advice I moved the animation creating code out of OnCreate. Firstly I
overrided an 'OnStart()' method of the main activity - nothing. Then I
have put it in the OnTick() method of the timer in a simple if
condition to launch only at the first tick - still the same. The image
is loaded but the animation is not starting. But still what is funny
it works when I launch it at the end of timer countdown in the
'OnFinish' method...