Changing the background color is too much code, however, although it works.

A better way to get this going is by using StateListDrawables. Create your
own state list drawable, and set it as the background to each of your items,
or the as the selector of the ListView.

Kumar Bibek
http://techdroid.kbeanie.com
http://www.kbeanie.com