> > When they rotate the screen several times,

This is usually a symptom of a memory leak.

Try to read this article from Romain Guy :
http://www.curious-creature.org/2008/12/18/avoid-memory-leaks-on-android/

It explains how they can happen from a single handle to the context.

The fact that you do not have crash but again this black screen(no
drawing being done) probably means that you actually handle this
exception with a try catch somewhere. If my guess is correct then you
simply have to put a Log.e("error","error happens here : xxx"); in
every catch of your app and you'll find where it happens. Again the
difficulty is to be able to reproduce the problem.

Again you should implement something like the android-remote-
stacktrace so that when it happens on someone devices you get the
stacktrace from their session which will give you good clues on what's
happening.

“Sorry! Activity XXX(in application XXX) is not responding” happens
when you have a very long operation that hangs the main UI thread so
that the user can't use it anymore. Maybe this is a clue for you to
what is happening. Do you have a long calcultation, double buffering
drawing, loading of a big bitmap or something similar in the main
thread ?

If you tell me which game it is I can try to reproduce the problem on
my HTC Hero which is an older phone so might be more sensitive to the
problem.

Yahel