Thanks Vasilyev,

The aspect ration is in deed a very important factor - I was surprised
why my layout looks fine in eclipse plug in but corrupts on the
device. Only when I design my own dev config with proper size and
ratio as long it worked correct. I now have a quite similar problem.
Because I have design some images for the background of my buttons (I
use button not imagebuttons to avoid the white 'frame' around the
image). However the images are bigger than I expected them to be.
Using my example - images for B1 and B2 (despite being 240px long) are
much longer than the half of the screen. If I place them with relative
layout they overlap. If I switch to linear layout with weigth 1 the
width is adjusted properly however the height stays the same (I need
to set it manually which I would like to avoid). Can I somehow do it
so the image would resize both its dimensions automatically to keep
it's previous ratio? So that If I fit the images with linear layout
their height would also shrink due to 'forced' shorted width?