On Oct 8, 1:05 am, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Oh sorry, I see that you are specifically talking about manage apps.  In
> that case...  the whole point of the "force stop" in manage apps is for a
> user to stop an app that they really want to make stop.  As such, there is
> nothing you can do about it.

Is there any way the app could on next run detect that this has
happened and "educate" the user that their actions stopped it from
completing it's work?

One could I supposed do this by leaving a file with the service's pid
in the application's storage and clean it up on ordinary exits such
that it's presence on startup means there was an abnormal exit, but I
still wonder about unnecessarily writing to flash memory.