I work for a small mobile applications company that is looking to
branch out to other platforms, mainly Android and Windows phone. Our
first job is to get out a few of our existing in house apps for iOS
into the respective stores on the other platforms. We're stymied by
Androids layout system, however. In iOS if you wanted to do everything
programmatically (which was required in our game apps) you could do
so, by giving views a frame and arranging that on screen. What is a
good way to do that in Android?

Does anyone have suggestions for developers going between the two
platforms? Is there a website that explains a little about equivalent
methods on the two systems?