On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:38 AM, Hiro OKUYAMA <okuoku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I searched this discussion by keyword "Map".
> However, I couldn't find the thread.
>
> Please tell "another thread" URL.

Goddamn I hate Google Groups. I can't find it either even searching the
exact title. I don't understand how a web-based Google product can be such
an epic fail on searching.

Well, at least I still have the email. The thread is titled: "New maps app
features and mapview"

And this was Dianne's response:

The maps library has clearly been stagnant, with only a few changes since
1.0 (fwiw fixes for densities went in to I believe 2.2, and were back-ported
to older versions).

This is something that definitely should be improved, but I don't know a
schedule for it.  The library was originally owned and used by the maps
application, but for the application to be able to evolve as quickly as it
has (and not be tied to newer platform versions), it was changed to have its
own built-in copy of the maps library; this left ownership of the library
somewhat in limbo.

So yes we are aware of the library not getting the love it deserves, but
there is nothing concrete to report about it at this point.