This exception generally occurs, if you are iterating through it and
changing it simultaneously.

*Note that this implementation is not synchronized.* If multiple threads
access this map concurrently, and at least one of the threads modifies the
map structurally, it *must* be synchronized externally. (A structural
modification is any operation that adds or deletes one or more mappings;
merely changing the value associated with a key that an instance already
contains is not a structural modification.) This is typically accomplished
by synchronizing on some object that naturally encapsulates the map. If no
such object exists, the map should be "wrapped" using the
Collections.synchronizedMap method. This is best done at creation time, to
prevent accidental unsynchronized access to the map:

 Map m = Collections.synchronizedMap(new HashMap(...));

http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/HashMap.html

Kumar Bibek
http://techdroid.kbeanie.com
http://www.kbeanie.com