The solution can be found on the SKD preview page near the bottom.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/preview/index.html

Known issues

> The following known issues occur for Android 3.0 AVDs that are loaded in
> the emulator:
>
>    - The emulator displays a rotated portrait screen while in landscape
>    orientation. To view the screen correctly in landscape orientation, turn
> off
>    the auto-rotate setting in *Settings > Screen > Auto-rotate screen*.
>    Then use Ctrl-F11 to rotate the emulator.
>    - You cannot take screenshots of an emulator screen. The Device Screen
>    Capture window displays *Screen not available*.
>    - GPS emulation is currently not supported.
>    - When rotating the emulator screen by pressing Ctrl-F11, the screen
>    turns green momentarily, then displays the normal interface.
>    - The Dev Tools application sometimes crashes when trying to use the
>    Package Browser feature

When they say the emulation is slow, they mean slow! On my Intel Q6600 Quad
Core it is a slide-show. Also, once in portrait view the resolution is > the
height of my native monitor resolution. Does anyone know of a way to set a
scaled view on the emulator? I would even settle for a scroll bar.