Thanks for your response, Mark.

I too had earlier downloaded documentations for Android Platforms, but
yesterday I had to uninstall the whole SDK package due a problem, and when I
re-installed it, I saw that there was no option to download the
documentation. I just ran  the SDK manager to check whether the option was
available now, but it was not.

The images are not there as perhaps they have been removed by the group
moderator. No problem as here are the links for the images:

Image 1 <http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5356/availablepackages.png>,Image
2<http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2015/installedpackages.png>
(If images are not supposed to be included in the posting, then why the heck
the option to insert the image has been made available????)

As you can see from the images that the option to download the documenation
for Android 3 preview is also available to me, but not the option to
download the documentation for earlier platforms.

As an aside Mark, I would like to say thank you to you as among the
resources that I am using to learn Android is also your book "Beginning
Android 2".