Thats a good questions.

I know that even Google Engineers will suggest that if you want to use
the icons in the SDK that you make your own copy to bundle with the
app. Although based on what you've highlighted here thats not supposed
to happen.

However, at the same time all the source is license under the Apache
License, which would suggest that you can do that.

I'm not expert though, so if it's a concern for you, talk to your own
lawyer.

- Brill Pappin