If you're doing this in Java, use ProcessBuilder:

http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/ProcessBuilder.html

-- Kostya

28.01.2011 18:05, Abhyudai Shanker пишет:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a shell console for Android, much like a command prompt in windows or any OS on the PC.

However I am unable to understand how to start with the process. I cant really understand the underlying working which would be required to get the console working.

If anyone has idea in this sector, please help me.

Thanks

Abhyudai

Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com