On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. We put an app on the market, and now the client wants to
> change the package names to something completely different.
>
> Will the market let you do this, if I upload an update? Or must the
> package structure remain the same once uploaded?

The package in the manifest must be the same, if you want updates to work.

How the classes are organized are another matter, though the
code-generated classes will go wherever the manifest's package states
-- I don't know if there is a way to override that. You will have to
fully-qualify all your components' android:name attributes to be the
full package, if they are not in the manifest's package (or a
subpackage).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 3.1 Available!