The empty line is due to there being a newline character in your server's response.

Trim it before testing for true / false:

response = response.trim();

-- Kostya

10.02.2011 13:50, Samsung Galaxy пишет:
Hi, Not executing :-(

Server Side<<<<<
//Script
if($count==1){
echo "true";
}else {
echo "false";
}
?>

Client Side<<<<<

            if ("true".equals(responseText)){
                Log.i("Output",responseText);
                responseText = "here it should be true";
            Toast.makeText( getApplicationContext(),
responseText,Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();

                }else{
                        Log.i("Output",responseText);
                        responseText = "here it should be false";
            Toast.makeText( getApplicationContext(),
responseText,Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
            }

Now what ever happen it shows me "here it should be false" it means
always condition is false and only else part will be executed. where
as in Logcat "Output" variable shows me both values "true"&  "false"
depending on the parameter send to the server.

If part is not executing even on "true" it always goes to else part of
the condition,
IN LOG CAT it is showing me value of "Output" in true case
02-10 11:47:20.720: INFO/Output(1358):
02-10 11:47:20.720: INFO/Output(1358): true

I donot know why there is empty output above true ? may be this is the
reason that its always going to false. Is it a white space ? if yes
how to remove it with java ? Please help.

Atif