@bill,
You mentioned that you compare the subsequent snapshots.
I have questions:
Do you use *sameAs* method as an assertion method (like Assert in JUnit) to
verify pass or failure of the testcase?
How do you say that this percentage have changed with the next screenshot so
that testcase is passed?

Because that wouldn't make my testcases obsolete even if i change the
background color.

Thanks a lot for your help.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Bill Napier <nap...@android.com> wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Being able to load an image into MonkeyRunner from the filesystem
> makes a lot of sense, I don't see how I had missed that.  All the
> test's we've been using MonkeyRunner before only ever wanted to
> compare to subsequent snapshots (to see what has changed).  This looks
> pretty straight forward feature to add, but may take me a couple days
> to get to it.
>
> Bill
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Christopher M. Judd <javaj...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > According to the monkeyrunner documentation, you can compare
> > screenshot output to known screenshot for regression testing. How do
> > you do this? I see the method sameAs on MonkeyImage but that takes a
> > MonkeyImage presumably one saved on disk for regression testing but
> > there appears to be no way to load one from disk.
> >
> > --

Thanks and Regards

Aniruddha Dhamal
ani123.dha...@gmail.com

" No matter which direction you start
Its always against the wind coming  back "