*>  Probably I was misunderstooded. *

Ahhh... Indeed I did misunderstand

*> My problem is not how to navigate from a parent
> preference screen to child preference screen (this is done by framework),
but how to navigate from another
> activity in my application to child preference screen. How can Preference.
*
*> **setOnPreferenceClickListener()
> help me with this task?*

What I did to be able to handle this (it may have been overkill, but it
works) is to have each child screen defined in a separate xml file and
PreferenceActivity subclass...  So the steps I take are as follows:

   - Create a main preference xml file that contains declarations for
   preference screens (but no contents)
   - Create a separate xml file for the contents of each preference screen
   - Create a Preference subclass for each preference xml file and inflate
   the appropriate layout
   - Set click listeners on all of the preference screens to launch the
   given preference when clicked (this won't happen automatically when doing it
   this way)
   - Then, anywhere in my code I can launch the child preference screen just
   like I would any other activity in my app

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware