The call button starts an activity, it doesn't send a broadcast, as
described in the doc.  (Yes this is inconsistent with the camera button and
the camera button should probably be changed.)

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.