Our users complain about the following:
"You're getting hammered by negative comments on oi voice notes
because after install it gives launch error. I suggest creating an
idiot window on launch that says this app is an addon, and to use
within other oi products."

We provide a plug-in (addon, extension,..) for our shopping list
application that is called voice notes, which should only appear in
the menu of shopping list. We do not want that plugin to be listed in
the list of all applications (as we plan to have more add-ons in the
future), so we did not specify the android.intent.category.LAUNCHER,
just the android.intent.category.ALTERNATIVE.

How can we provide an activity that is launched by the Android
installer after installation (to display a warning that this has to be
used from within shopping list), but still does not show up in the
list of all applications?

Hm, thinking about it, is it as simple as providing an intent
android.intent.action.MAIN without the category LAUNCHER? Is this what
the installer would call? (I have not downloaded the latest SDK yet,
otherwise I could probably answer this question myself by trying it
out...)

Peli
www.openintents.org