On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:42 PM, madushanka <chamilhewag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>               What I really need is to save the information which
> will come in xml format in a way that only the application can read
> them, (in application specific format)  to avoid any hacking or data
> misusing by the user himself.

This is impossible, by definition. If your app can decrypt the data,
so can the user, by finding the decryption key and algorithm from your
app.

>  I need to know what kind of method I should follow in order to
> achieve my necessity.
>
> •     Whether I should use asymmetric or symmetric algorithms which
> are available?
>
> or
>
> •     Do I need to develop an algorithm?  If so from where I should
> start?

You need to rethink your business model such that you are not fighting
your user. Or, you need to keep the data off the device's persistent
storage (e.g., download it off the Internet whenever needed) so there
is nothing for the user to get to.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version
1.9.2 Available!