While one hopes he does, it's not always a good assumption.  But that aspect
wasn't the intended focus of my remarks.

The point is -- the timezone SHOULD have absolutely ZERO impact on the
actual calculated times.

There are really only three ways to get an error here that I can see. (Chime
in if you can come up with more!)

* Using the wrong location.
* Doing the wrong calculation.
* Displaying with the wrong timezone (including DST errors, but that
shouldn't be possible as a program error that I can see).

A fourth possibility is a confused user; I'm not sure how to break down the
possibilities there -- though using a TZ with different DST characteristics
might be included.

But I think the first step in sorting out the problem is to identify which
problem you have, and that was why I was covering the territory. I hope the
OP understands that I don't know any details of his knowledge or app, and
can disregard any aspect of my message he's confident he's adequately
eliminated!