I solved my problem with the corrupted download today. It appears that
there's something strange with the combination of this hotel's
internet access and Google's servers. When I downloaded the Mac SDK at
work, I had no problems. I've downloaded much larger files (from other
sites) with the hotel's connection without any form of corruption. I
can't explain it.

If anybody else is still having a problem, try downloading the file
using a different connection. Perhaps there's a way to use the G1 to
download it. :)