Thanks. But in that case, I would need to remember the top most activity of
the entire android stack (of other applications). I  basically need to send
my application and all its related activities to background.

I have used 'moveTaskToBack' which moves it to background. But I am not sure
if this is the right or the preferred way.

thanks.