You already asked this, and I asked a follow-up question to get more
information...

How are you originally getting into the activity you are trying to finish?
The reason I asked this is because I noticed that you are trying to start an
activity that displays some sort of game menu...

Why not do this:

   - Initially start the app with the menu activity
   - From there call the activity with the canvas view in question
   - Call finish whenever you are done with that activity
   - By the magic of the Android OS you are automatically back at your menu
   activity...

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer