Hi!
I am working on an audio playback application that needs to stream audio
content to the device and I am having trouble selecting the right technologies
for this. My raw data is in AAC-ADTS form and there is no way for me to change
that. However, I can wrap the stream in a different container at various places
of the system, but it is not clear to me which approach to take. I have checked
the emails on this list and I have seen several posts with similar challenges,
but no solutions.
Data is delivered over http, but using a local server I could of course change
that to something else.

Any suggestions for a solution?
Can any of the .3gp .mp4 or .m4a formats be used for progressive playback? If
so, how should that stream be constructed? If I convert my ADTS stream to mp4
using VLC, a large chunk in the beginning of the file is created that is the
index for the stream. However, if that has to be present in each file, then the
latency for playback would be linear to the total size of the file.

Any help or pointer would be highly appreciated!
regards,
Stefan Burstrom