On Dec 14, 4:23 pm, pjv <ezelsping...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you please share your custom solutions (in code) for reuse?

Sure - take a look at jarkman.co.uk/code/
JoiningAndFilteringCursors.zip

There are two CursorWrapper derived classes in there, FilteringCursor
and JoiningCursor. FilteringCursor leaves out rows, and JoiningCursor
adds colums.

Then there are two subclasses of JoiningCursor, one which uses a SQL
filter to identify the extra data to add (JoiningCursorFilter - sorry
for the bemusing name), and one which uses a URI-appending method
(JoiningCursorUri). It would be easy to make more specific subclasses
which got the extra data from some other source of your own, not from
a cursor.

And there are two example filters to use with FilteringCursor,
CursorFilterGotAValue and CursorFilterInt. Again,  it should be easy
to write more specific filters for your own needs.

FilteringCursor can be a performance problem, because it needs to do
all its filtering before it can return from getCount(). I can't see
any way to get round that. If you can, please let me know! :-)

Thanks,

Richard