Hi
I have the newest eclipse & Android SDK -release 11- installed on
Windows Vista. I updated the SDK and chose Android 3.0.1. I connected
an Android 3.01 Acer Iconia Tab A500. Installed the original Acer USB
driver. The Iconia shows up in Windows and I can connect to the
Iconia's file system.

When I start Eclipse the Iconia is shown in the DDMS device list.
Then, after a short while, or when making screenshots of the Iconia
screens in Eclipse / DDMS no devices are shown any more in the list.
Some results:
adb devices
gives this error:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 * ADB server didn't
ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon

System:
Vista SR2 64 bit
Eclipse (Helios)
ADT release 11
All updated through ADT manager
path's were set to ADB and the android SDK

Client:
Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.01
Debugging over USB is enabled on the Iconia

Problem:
When I wait long enough, ca. 5 minutes, or when I was making
screenshots, the connection was lost. Forums suggest that USB driver
problems could be the possible cause

Logs
I have made copies of the session-messages
This message appears in the DDMS Hierarchy viewer:
<<
The Acer Iconia somehow drops the connection:
De externe host heeft een verbinding verbroken
In plain English:
The external host has disconnected a connection.

This would strongly suggest that a process in the Acer Iconia Tab A
500 is at vault.
Another -remote- possibility is that the Acer Iconia device driver is
not suitable for 64 bit Windows Vista systems. This original device
driver was downloaded from Acer Support, but the description does not
indicate whether the driver is suitable for either 32 bit or 64 bit
Windows.

Kind regards,

Tony Thijs