That's a fair enough assessment of what went wrong.  But its really not a
justification to someone with an excruciatingly penetrating app (I mean
seriously, he's sending ioctls to drivers to support really old platforms)
for just banning the developer account.

I understand you might not be in the capacity to give an official, legal
opinion on the matter so I take your comment with a grain of salt, but
still... the lack of due process for "misdemeanors" is ridiculous.  Keyword
spamming?  If anyone in their right minds that was trying to push an
otherwise legit app in a market of (in his case, probably) hundreds of
competitors, I'd hope there was some sort of recourse for small, indie
developers to pay contrition and move on without having to rebrand their
apps.