Is your activity still active? You may need an intent to restart it. I
did read somewhere that it's not good practice to start an activity
from a broadcast receiver. The usual way seems to be to add a
notification and let the user choose to start it, like receiving a sms
message. I know that if I were using an app and some other app
interrupted and brought up its own activity I would be more that
annoyed...