Ok I am totally stuck. I am trying to scan for bluetooth devices but
it needs a broadcast receiver and I've never used them before. I set
up my receiver correctly in the manifest:

<receiver android:name=".BluetoothReceiver" android:enabled="true">
                <intent-filter>
                        <action
android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.DISCOVERY_STARTED"></
action>
                </intent-filter>
        </receiver>

I have a class called BluetoothReceiver which is pretty basic so far
as I'm just testing:

public class BluetoothReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

        @Override
        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
                System.out.println("HIT OUTGOING");
        }
}

It all compiles ok so why am I not seeing the System Out message in
the debugger. I set a break point for that line and its just not
reaching it. What is going? Help cos I have been working on this for
the past two days and I'm getting annoyed with it now. :)