Hi all,

I know that this thread is similar to a few previous ones but I need help.

I am currently using the following code to display an EULA dialog on first
run.

SharedPreferences settings = getSharedPreferences(PREFS_NAME, 0);

        boolean dialogShown = settings.getBoolean("dialogShown", false);

        if (!dialogShown) {

        AlertDialog.Builder builder = new AlertDialog.Builder(this);

        builder.setMessage("EULA Text.")

               .setCancelable(false)

               .setPositiveButton("Ok", newDialogInterface.OnClickListener() {

                   public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int id) {

                        Vortex.this.finish();

                   }

               });

        AlertDialog alert = builder.create();

          SharedPreferences.Editor editor = settings.edit();

          editor.putBoolean("dialogShown", true);

          editor.commit();

        }

It works perfectly on the first run but when an upgrade is done the code
fails to display the dialog. Is there any way to display the dialog on
upgrades as well?

As it is using SharedPreferences I thought I could set the boolean to false
in a way that it only happens on upgrades and only once per upgrade. The
problem is that I don't know how.

Any ideas/suggestions/links?

Thanks

--