On Jul 28, 2:26 pm, RLScott <fixthatpi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone here have any data one way or the other about Android
> devices having separate recording and generating calibration?

I think this is entirely up to the hardware manufacturers.

I'm in a situation right now where we're having to deal with the fact
that not all devices support all the same recording frequencies.  To
make matters works, certain devices (such as any Samsung device)
suggest via usual API that they can record at a specific rate, but
just fail to initialize their AudioRecord object after it's created
without any explanation.  With this level of confidence in the Android
APIs, we just have to try a bunch of things and make the best of it,
but the app I'm working on doesn't exactly require "precision" to do
its business (it's more about accuracy!).

The Android multimedia framework isn't very robust and I imagine
you'll have a hard time getting "precision" out of it, if that's what
your app requires.  I'd be interested to know if you are able to work
around this in any way.

Doug