I'm working on a live wallpaper using AndEngine's physics extension.
I've turned off all touch events and the accelerometer (known problems
with the live wallpaper extension ... short version, they don't work
right now, lots of people waiting for a fix).

Here's my question:  the activity in my LWP is based on the physics
characteristics of the walls and the sprites, so it maintains itself.
In other words, the little guys are active all of the time.  My concern
is that they may still be active when A) the display is turned off,
and/or B) another app is in the foreground, and the LWP isn't displayed.

Are either of these assumptions true?  And if so, how do you go about
pausing a live wallpaper when visibility changes?  (I know the listener,
just not what to do inside of it....)   The last thing I want is for my
first live wallpaper to be a resource hog....

Btw, as usual, a pointer to a reference, tutorial, and/or example is
as good, or better, than code (I learn best with example code paired
with a good reference).

Thanks,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky1...@gmail.com    |      something else.