On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 01:43:13PM -0500, TreKing wrote:

> > I think the Android Market on my phone got updated, and I can't find the
> > "Just in" section any more.  Anyone know about this?
> >

> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=69c2808d745db504&hl=en
>
> First hit on Google for "new Market client 'just in'"

I just sent a third trouble ticket in on the new Market. The first one
was answered, but the answers were apparently false---New Free/Paid are
NOT the same asJust In.  For one thing, they don't work.

My LWP app that I released Friday at around 2200 UTC should be near the
top of the "New Paid" listing, but after scrolling through hundreds of
pages, seeing many apps several times over, mine was still below all of
that (I never found it after all that).  I find it impossible to believe
that THAT MANY NEW APPS have been released since Friday evening.
In the posts in the link above, one (and ONLY ONE) post from a google
not-going-to-support-you support person claims that these lists show all
new apps less than 30 days old.  Clearly, this is not true.

Second, they still haven't fixed the bug that takes you back to the top
of the list instead of returning you to where you were after you do
anything that takes you out of that list, including checking out a new
app.

Third, and this just started today, the screen lock, which I have
disabled via a widget called Unlocked, kept trying to engage while I
was in the Market trying to find my app.  It actually did engage
once.  Completely and utterly unsat...not to mention stupid.

And this last one should come as no surprise....  Paid installs for
BB LWP?  I know of at least one, and who knows how many are behind
(just saw this:  known issue as of Friday) by several days.  BUT, the
dev console says 0 installs and 0 active installs.

I now truly understand the frustration (and ANGER!) everyone[1]
has with the market....

Later,
   --jim

[1] Well, almost everyone---one whined about my question earlier.
    That won't be a problem anymore, though.  ;-}

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky1...@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W

                   Saw something on TV about Psych-os.
             Hmmmm, Psych OS.  Perhaps the next freeware OS....   --me